Finger Vein Biometrics
Cuts, dry skin, scars, and other factors can sometimes prevent fingerprint readers from reliably enrolling or identifying a person. The M2-FingerVein™ reader solves this issue. Finger Vein authentication captures images of the vein patterns inside your finger. These, like other biometric patterns, are unique. In addition, because they are inside your body, finger vein patterns are virtually impossible to replicate.
The M2-FingerVein™ reader works by passing near-infrared light through the finger. This is partially absorbed by the hemoglobin in the veins, allowing an image to be recorded on a CCD camera. Finger Vein authentication is extremely robust, demonstrating a unique ability to easily cope with sweaty, dry, or aged fingers. The finger vein reader is surprisingly inexpensive, making it a viable choice for biometric identification projects of any size, across all markets.
Certifications: FCC, CE
- Scans Inner Surface of Finger: Scans the inner surface of the skin which reads the Vein Pattern of the finger to do matching
- Resistant to Criminal Tempering: Risk of Forgery or Data Identity theft can be avoided
- Best for industry: Oil, Garments, Manufacturing, Fishing, Sailing & construction sector where workers/employees have to deal with dust, geese or oil and its hard to detect their fingerprints
- High accuracy: The authentication accuracy is less than 0.01% for the FRR (False Rejection Rate), less than 0.0001% for the FAR (False Acceptance Rate), and 0% for the FTE (Failure to Enroll)
- Unique and Constant: Constant vein patterns indicates the uniqueness of the technology when even among identical twins and remain constant through the adult years
- FCC, CE, RoHS certified
- Fast authentication speed: Through the optimized Bio-Plugin server, the 1: N identification occurs at a rate of 8,000 templates/second.
- High Accuracy through Direct light resistant design
- Upper Encrypted Data Transfer on USB
- Compact and versatile unit
- Additional Security Functions on API transmissive light source
- USB 2.0 connection
- FCC, CE, RoHS certified
- Works will all FingerVein Solutions of M2SYS
|Capture System||Infrared LED + Camera|
|Dimensions||59 (W) x 82 (D) x 74 (H) mm|
|Environmental Conditions Ambient Temperature Humidity||5 – 35 deg. C 20 – 80% (No Condensation)|
|Power||DC5V +/-5% <500mA (Power from USB bus)|
“Smart” Finger Reader
Next-Generation Fingerprint Reader Delivering Optimal Security & Reliability with Advanced Finger Imaging and Liveness Detection
High Speed Matching
Lower your hardware burden with industry’s fastest matching system. – 100 million prints/sec in a single server.
Read Our Blog