M2-PalmVein™ – Secure palm vein scanner
Unlike other forms of biometric scanners, palm vein readers are robust and scan beneath the surface of the skin demonstrating a high tolerance of skin surface problems such as dryness, roughness, moisture, or scarring.
With an extremely low false acceptance rate (FAR) and false reject rate (FRR), non-intrusive contactless authentication, and the highest reliability of all hand or finger based biometric authentication scanners, the M2-PalmVein™ scanner is the ideal biometric recognition device compared to other biometric hardware for all environments.
Palm Vein scanner features and benefits
- Difficult to forge Because vein patterns exist inside of the body, it is practically impossible to recreate someone’s biometric template. The sensor of the palm vein scanner needs the hand and blood flow to register an image.
- Accuracy Sophisticated back end search algorithms allow for near 100% identification accuracy. The palm vein reader has a high tolerance for skin surface problems that otherwise limit the effectiveness of other biometric modalities allowing for universal applicability and a high level of user acceptance.
- Compatibility Palm vein technology can be implemented in both 1:1 and 1:N matching environments. The new M2SYS Hybrid Server™ enables users to implement fingerprint, finger vein, palm vein, and iris recognition technology on the same server platform.
- Can be deployed in a variety of implementation settings.
- Can be used by anyone – the palm vein scanner has virtually no physiological restrictions.
- Sophisticated algorithms allow for near 100% accuracy every time.
- High tolerance of skin surface problems, e.g. roughness, moisture, and dirt.
- High level of user acceptance.
- No privacy issues.
- More affordable than other palm vein readers in the same category.
|Interface||USB 2.0 / 1.1 (Hi speed or full speed)|
|Power consumption||2.5 W or less, <10 MA During Active Scanning|
|False acceptance rate FAR||= <0.00008% (per palm vein reader technical specifications from Fujitsu, Inc.)|
|False reject rate FRR||= <0.01% (per palm vein reader technical specifications from Fujitsu, Inc.)|
|Warranty||1 year mechanical defect|
|Regulations||Meets US government industry resolution standards|
|Operating temperature||0° to 60°C|
|Storage temperature||-20° to 70° C|
|Download M2-Palm Vein™ reader brochure|
M2-Palm Vein™ reader brochure in English
Our knowledgeable sales consultants are located worldwide to answer any questions that you have about our identity management technology. Please complete the form below with as much information as you can so we are best prepared to assist you.