SecuGen Hamster Plus fingerprint reader
The Hamster Plus is a popular and versatile fingerprint reader from SecuGen, with Auto-On™ and Smart Capture™. The Hamster Plus has a comfortable, ergonomic shape and is equipped with the industry’s most durable and advanced optical sensor, which uses patented SEIR fingerprint biometric technology. The Hamster Plus can be used for authentication, identification, and verification purposes, allowing your fingerprints to operate as digital passwords that are never lost, forgotten, or stolen.
Surface Enhanced Irregular Reflection (SEIR) optic technology, is developed and patented by SecuGen, and is used in the manufacturing of Hamster Plus to create an incredibly advanced optical sensor. The SecuGen Hamster Plus, which uses SEIR technology, can scan high contrast fingerprint images with almost little distortion. Without question, the best fingerprint images are those with high contrast and little distortion for further processing.
A sensor that is resistant to impacts, scratches, and vibrations is included with this portable USB fingerprint reader. Amazingly, even in challenging environments like high/low temperatures, high ambient lighting conditions, direct sunlight, etc., its Smart Capture™ technology can scan dry, wet, aged, scarred, and other difficult-to-scan fingers.
Furthermore, the SecuGen Hamster Plus USB scanner has Auto-On technology, which enables it to recognize when a finger is present on the sensor surface. When not in use, it allows the device to save power, and to turn on instantly when a finger is placed on the sensor glass.
Extensive support: Software developers and system integrators may simply integrate Hamster Plus with their Android, Linux, and Windows-based applications due to extensive documentation, support, and SecuGen Hamster Plus SDK.
Secugen Hamster Plus fingerprint device features & benefits
Features of SecuGen Hamster Plus fingerprint reader
- This technology utilizes an advanced optical sensor with SEIR™ technology, developed and patented by SecuGen, to ensure the highest quality fingerprint capture in any environmental conditions.
- Equipped with Smart Capture technology, it is able to scan fingers that are dry, moist, aged, scarred, and other difficult-to-scan conditions.
- The device is equipped with Auto-on technology, which conserves power and ensures the device is ready for use when needed. It becomes active as soon as a finger is placed on the sensor surface.
- The device has a highly durable platen made of hardened glass. With it, it is able to withstand harsh environmental conditions, corrosion, impact, electrostatic shock, and scratches.
- The device has a tall, yet compact and ergonomic design, with a removable pedestal. Its compact design allows for portability, while the ergonomic design ensures high levels of usability.
- The device is able to capture high resolution fingerprint images with a resolution of 500 DPI.
Biometric Integration for Accurate Patient Identification
International Health Management selected our Bio-Plugin™ Biometric Software Development Kit (SDK) to integrate a web based fingerprint identification system with their healthcare system for accurate patient identification. They have successfully integrated Bio-Plugin™ paired with the M2-EasyScan™ Fingerprint Reader, which covers approximately 5,000 patients in 5 different remote locations within Bangladesh.The integration helped them to ensure accurate patient identification, prevent duplicate medical records, and reduce medical errors casued by patient misidentification.
|Interface||USB 1.1 Full-Speed, USB 2.0 Hi-Speed|
|Image Size||260 x 300 pixels|
|Platen Size||14.6 mm x 17.9 mm|
|Sensing Area||13.2 mm x 15.2 mm|
|Image GrayScale||256 levels (8-bit)|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows 11 / 10 / 8.1 / 7, Windows Server 2016 / 2012 / 2008 R2, Android 3.1 and above, Linux|
|Warranty||One year limited|
|Weight||165 g (with stand), 100 g (without stand)|
|Operating temperature||-20° ~ 65°C|
|Compliance||FCC, CE, KC, RoHS, WHQL|