M2SYS Podcast 1 – Patient Identification in Healthcare
Our inaugural free online learning podcast addresses patient identification in healthcare as we discuss some of the major challenges along with possible solutions with Nancy Farrington, Enterprise Master Patient Index Administrator with Main Line Health. Nancy has amassed over 30 years of experience in patient access and is a former National Association of Healthcare Access Management (NAHAM) Board member.
Topics covered in the podcast:
1. What is the #1 challenge right now in patient identification?
2. What is the role that accurate patient identification plays in the healthcare industry’s patient safety strategies?
3. What is the real risk of patient misidentification?
a. How big of an issue are duplicate medical records right now? Has NAHAM ever conducted studies on the average duplicate rate or the cost of duplicates?
4. What are some things that can be done to prevent patient misidentification?
5. What are some of the issues regarding patient identification across healthcare information exchanges?
Have an idea for a podcast? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas.
Next Video: RightPatient™ Biometric Patient Identification System »
« Previous Video: How Palm Vein Biometrics Can Strengthen PCI and Workforce Management Compliance