May is always an exciting time of the year for us here at M2SYS because the National Association of Healthcare Access Management’s (NAHAM) annual symposium and trade show falls during the month. And to top it off, this year’s conference is in our hometown of Atlanta!
If you aren’t familiar with NAHAM, here is a brief synopsis of who they are from their Web site:
“The National Association of Healthcare Access Management is the leading resource in Patient Access Services.
We establish best practices and subject matter expertise; provide an array of networking, education, and certification opportunities; and enable our members to influence and promote high quality delivery of Patient Access Services.
Patient access services professionals provide quality services in registration and all of its support processes to patients, providers and payors into, through and out of their health care experience.”
The annual conference theme this year is: “Leading the Way: A Brave New World of Patient Access” and promises to be one of the best shows yet as the NAHAM staff has assembled an impressive agenda and speakers to talk about current topics in patient access management.
So, why should you stop and see us this year at the show? Here are the top 5 reasons:
1. Solution demos – Here at M2SYS , we are excited to be a vendor in this year’s NAHAM Exhibit Hall (stop and see us in Booth #219) to meet some of the attendees and demonstrate our RightPatient™ hybrid biometric patient identification solution with iris recognition, a technology that has caught on with many hospitals and is spreading rapidly.
2. Entertainment and giveaways – We have some special surprises in our booth this year too. Stop by to meet and take a photo with Jessica Black, Miss United States 2010 and enter your name to win a prize so secretive we can’t tell you what it is…you will have to stop by our booth and see for yourself! (Hint – it has wheels)
3. Education – Accurate patient identification has become a hot topic in healthcare since accurate and effective treatment along the care continuum hinges on the ability to identity a patient correctly. Now, more than ever, it’s important to educate on what healthcare biometrics technology options are available to help ensure patient identification accuracy.
4. Mobile patient identification – We will be demonstrating a mobile iris patient identification solution in our booth that medical practitioners can use with a smart device like an Android smart phone and identify patients anywhere in a hospital setting including the ability to identify unconscious patients and patients en route to the hospital for more coordinated and effective treatment.
5. Due diligence – This is the time to ask all of the questions on your mind about the benefits of using biometrics for patient identification in a patient access setting. It is critical that you perform the necessary due diligence before investing in any type of patient identification solution. Our staff will be available to demonstrate the technology and answer any questions you may have.
Hoping to see you at the 39th annual NAHAM conference this year in Atlanta!