In the early 20s, biometric identification was the most sophisticated method of identification used by only a few government agencies. However, in today’s society as tech leaders race towards making software more available to end-users biometric identification is widely used on both an individual and enterprise-level. This has resulted in over the last decade most persons accessing a variety of biometric software via their mobile, and desktop devices.
Due to its dependency on several components including a matching system and SDK for enabling biometric scanning devices to capture data, a biometric identification system was considered highly expensive and as such a massive investment.
Biometrics in Present Days
Today with the introduction of M2SYS cloud-based Biometric API Technology, any PC and mobile app development company can add biometric identification functionality with their web-based or mobile app within a few hours.
CloudABIS™: A RESTful Biometric API for Any Web/ Windows/ Mobile App
CloudABIS™ is a superscalar, biometrics-as-a-service (BaaS) matching system that removes the burden & cost associated with building and maintaining a reliable biometric identification system. It also supports a wide range of biometric scanners and different modalities including fingerprint, finger vein, iris, and facial recognition.
Features of CloudABIS™
- It’s simple to connect to the RESTful API that performs reliable and accurate biometric identification.
- Faster CloudABIS™ matching engine analyzes millions of ISO certified fingerprint templates within seconds for the fastest 1:N or 1:1 matching and de-duplication.
- It helps to add biometric functionality to any Web/ Windows/ Mobile Application (C#, Python, Java, PHP, Node.js, Angular.js, Ruby, Go, C/C++, etc.)
- Supports a wide range of biometric scanners and modalities, and eliminates dependency on any particular vendor.
- Enables the biometric identification system with an affordable Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) pricing model per user requirement.
- Hassle-free deployment removing the burden and cost associated with developing systems and maintaining specialized IT infrastructure.
Why CloudABIS™ is the Perfect Biometric API for any Web/ Windows/ Mobile App
There are many viable biometric scanners on the market. Most require SDKs to enable the devices to capture biometric data through an application and allow you to generate a standard ISO template via universal format. CloudABIS™, on the other hand, uses the ISO template to perform fast, large-scale 1: N matching in its cloud and within a matter of hours facilitates your biometric project effectively creating a single Web API to integrate with any Web/ Windows/ Mobile App.
Safety Plus maintains multiple facilities for customer support, partner support, the community, and its own employees. In many cases, an individual requires access to two or more facilities or in a secured area where the only specified person can enter. They wanted a solution to integrate with their own proprietary access control/management software and could support multiple platforms (Mobile and Desktop) as well as equipped with biometric authentication systems. By rigorously evaluating many cloud-based biometric matching systems in the market, Safety Plus decided that the best solution would be to implement CloudABIS™; a scalable, cloud-based biometric matching system that instantly works across any web browser.