Yesterday we had an outstanding #biometricchat on the topic of biometrics and the mobile market. Our guest was Raúl Jareño from Mobbeel, who provides biometric security solutions (iris, voice, face, hand geometry, signature recognition… and more to come) for Android and iOS devices. We covered many different topics on the present and future of biometric technology on mobile devices and throughout the hour, covering the questions:
- What do you feel will be the most popular uses of mobile biometrics will be over the next 5 years?
- What modalities do you feel are the most practical for mobile biometrics?
- What impact will mobile biometrics have on forecasted growth rates for the industry?
- Why should biometric device manufacturers or biometric software providers should be focused on mobile biometrics?
- What negative consequences can mobile biometrics technology patents and intellectual property squabbles have on the market?