API (Application Programming Interface) is one of the best things happen in IT world. We all are using various applications that use APIs.
This popular term is considered as a lifesaver to many small businesses as it saves a huge amount of a money and monumental headache. Most importantly, it creates a win-win situation for both parties.
What is API?
According to Wikipedia, the definition of API is,
“In computer programming, an application programming interface (API) is a set of subroutine definitions, protocols, and tools for building application software.”
All big tech players like Google, Facebook, Yelp use APIs to improve the functionality without creating a new application.
What is Web API?
In simple terms, it is an API that operates over the web by using HTTP protocol. A web API can be built in many languages including Java, .NET etc.
Why small businesses need Web API to Deploy Biometric Identification System?
Creating a new application is burdensome. Big corporations can manage this, but it is quite hard for small businesses. They do need the support of API that would help them to build their application to save the business.
In the case of deploying biometric identification system, API seems to be the game changer for small businesses. A web API can make things way easier to maintain a biometric identification system. The core benefits are including:
- Save Money: By eliminating the development and maintenance cost, API saves huge money that could be utilized in other fruitful parts of the business. As an example, you can use cloud biometric matching system, CloudABIS, without a huge upfront cost; you can buy as per your requirement.
- Development Hassle: API is a part of an application that is already built. So, you don’t have to develop anything from scratch. By eliminating the development hassle, it saves you from extra cost, additional employee hiring, and everlasting maintenance. Most importantly, it saves your precious time.
- Ongoing management: To build a traditional biometric system application, you need to take the trouble of ongoing management that includes server, client and network operation. It is very inconvenient for small businesses and sometimes these cumbersome process ruins the whole business.
So, a web API to deploy biometric identification system for small businesses looks very handy. At the same time, we know that it is hard to find an affordable web API for biometric installation.
This is why M2SYS has brought CloudABIS that can solve all of these problems.
Affordable Web API for Biometric Identification System – CloudABIS
CloudABIS is a cloud-based biometric matching system that is fast and highly scalable. It supports various biometric modalities such as fingerprint, finger vein, face and iris recognition.
The core benefits of using CloudABIS are:
- Affordable SaaS Model: You can start by small subscription as per your requirements and start using the web API of CloudABIS. You can upgrade anytime when your database will reach the limit. You don’t need to worry about the huge upfront payment.
- Easy to install: The web API of CloudABIS is very convenient and easy to use. There is no need for ActiveX or any browser plugin. All you have to do is integrating our Web API with the fingerprint reader.
- Support: It supports any web browsers and most of the fingerprint readers that provide fingerprint template in ISO/ICS format.
- Convenient: It will eliminate the hassle of development, installations, and ongoing maintenance that makes it highly convenient to operate.
So, you only need to attach the fingerprint reader with CloudABIS web API for enrollment and identification process. You can unveil all biometric functions by using the simple web API of CloudABIS. It is highly convenient, fast and secure biometric system that can fulfill your requirements and save money.