If you missed the news, M2SYS Technology recently introduced a new, hybrid biometric scanner called M2-FuseID™ that simultaneously captures both fingerprint and finger vein images with the single touch of a finger. Why is this new biometric hardware considered to be a revolutionary advancement in biometric hardware?
Here are a few reasons:
- Incorporates state-of-the-art technology combining two separate sensors into a single unit
- The only biometric fused device that can perform both one-to-one (1:1) and one-to-many (1:N) matching for both fingerprint and finger vein templates in a PC-based environment
- Designed to read 100% of end users eliminating the limitations of relying on fingerprint recognition alone
- Sophisticated “liveness” detection (see below for a more detailed explanation)
The dynamics of biometric identificaiton projects around the world necessitate ongoing innovation on hardware design that delivers greater accuracy and speed, especially for deployments that cover large databases consisting of millions of end users. When paired with our Hybrid Biometric matching systems the M2-FuseID™ fused fingerprint and finger vein reader is the only device that allows customers to perform one-to-many matching of millions of fingerprint and finger vein templates in seconds.
Plus, we equipped the versatile, ergonomic M2-FuseID™ hybrid fingerprint and finger vein reader with sophisticated “liveness detection” to prevent spoofing, a concern by end users who want to prevent the use of fake and spoofed fingerprints trying to trick the system. Our M2-FuseID™ device simultaneously looks at and beneath the skin surface to protect against spoofing plus the device provides protection from published and unpublished finger copying methods rendering it adaptable against future spoof threats through consistent experiments and analysis of research in liveness detection.
Ideal for deployments covering large databases, here are some sample deployment environments that the M2-FuseID™ hybrid fingerprint and finger vein reader is best suited to:
- Civil ID
- Patient identification in healthcare
- Visitor Management
- Border Control
- Voter Registration
To learn more about how the new M2-FuseID™ hybrid fingerprint and finger vein reader can help achieve 100% read rates in a dual factor environment, please contact us at: