Tips to Prevent Time Theft in Kronos Central/Dimension/Ready
A high-performing workforce management system, like Kronos, facilitates enterprises to forecast, schedule, and manage the time & attendance, absenteeism, labor activities, analytics, and collect employee’s data. Depending on the organization’s type and purpose, Kronos offers different workforce management suites like Workforce Central, Workforce Dimension Suite, and Workforce Ready Suite. The core objective of all of these solutions is to ensure maximum productivity by leveraging employee accountability, controlling labor costs, and increasing efficiency. But when it comes to time theft, it can cause some major issues and hamper the data’s accuracy and the effectiveness of the Kronos workforce management suites.
Time Theft and its Impact on Business
Time theft occurs when an employee is paid for the time they have not actually worked, or for the time they were not actually at work at all. Sometimes they will use friends and colleagues to help punch in his or her office attendance on their behalf, which can be defined as buddy punching.
CloudApper Solution Community for UKG
We empower users to customize solutions
When features are needed to enhance UKG solutions, CloudApper is here to help. It’s a non-technical toolkit for customizing UKG – easily build anything you want, share it with the community, and help everyone thrive.
Top customizations shared by the UKG solution community
with QR codes
time with NFC
Capture Job transfer
According to the American Society of Employers, 20% of every dollar earned by a company is lost to employee time theft. Other sources also reported that U.S. employers are losing more than $373 million per year due to buddy punching alone.
How to Prevent Time Theft
Here are some tips on how to prevent employee time theft using the Kronos workforce management system:
- Integrate a biometric time clock with your Kronos workforce management system, it will help by minimizing the risk of buddy punching and time theft.
- Eliminate manual time sheet or phone call attendance systems for remote employees and enroll them into the biometric time clock.
- Start using an internet security system to track the browsing history of the employees and make them aware their activities are being tracked.
- Conduct some time-theft awareness programs periodically to develop the morale of the employees and to let them know the effects of time theft.
- Conduct periodic training on time management and work-life balance so the employees understand how to provide maximum output.
- Allow your employees a flexible working environment so they will not need to be involved in time theft, but only after considering their capability of taking responsibility, accountability, ethics, and moral behavior.
- Encourage your employees not to stay for longer times after working hours. It motivates them to finish their work on time.
- Prepare a well-defined time-theft policy in the code of conduct of your enterprise because many of the employees do not know that what they are doing is considered time theft.
- Follow strict disciplinary action against the employees who are involved in the violation of the time-theft policy after participating in awareness programs.
- Monitor the performance of the employees and let them know their improvement areas where they can develop their skills. Recognition and rewards motivate employees to give their best to the organization.
Success Story of Integrating Biometric Time Clock with Kronos Workforce Management System
US Vision, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Refac Optical Group, was looking to adopt a biometric solution to interface with their Kronos timekeeping software. They wanted to allow their employees to clock in and out through biometric authentication in order to optimize labor tracking performance. They integrated RightPunch biometric time clock throughout their multiple servers in more than 700 locations. Integration of RightPunch not only improved the accuracy of their attendance system but also helped optimize their payroll expenses by eliminating time theft.