As a new feature of our monthly #biometricchat, we will start releasing the list of questions prior to the chat so participants can get an idea of what we will be discussing and come to the chat prepared and ready to contribute or ask additional questions.
This month’s chat will focus on biometrics and cloud computing and our special guest is Terry Hartmann from Unisys who designs, builds, and manages mission-critical environments for businesses and governments. Terry is a Vice President for Unisys Security Solutions with 30 years experience in the IT industry and is an internationally recognized authority in the identification and the biometrics industry. We are excited to have Terry as our guest!
Here are a list of the questions that Terry will cover:
1. What are the driving reasons for storing biometric information in the cloud?
2. Will “Identity as a Service” ever get off the ground ?
3. Will future growth of biometric cloud computing come mainly from the private or public sectors?
4. Are there different security standards that should apply to biometric data stored in the cloud?
5. Where do you see the biggest future growth in the federal market for biometric solutions?
6. Will the growth of mobile technology look to biometrics as the user authentication security of choice?
March’s is scheduled for tomorrow at 11 am EST and participants can participate by following the hashtag #biometricchat — please spread the word and we hope to see you tomorrow at 11am EST! If you have any additional topics to discuss or questions for Terry, please add them in the comments section below.