A fingerprint reader is nothing new in the technology sector. It is one of the most popular biometric modalities that is widely accepted around the world. This technology can be deployed in many areas including national projects, banking, educational institutes, corporate organizations just to name a few.
Apart from the large deployment projects, biometric fingerprint readers can be used in any PC too. As it is a fast, easy and affordable system, many people are using this technology to secure their personal devices. It eliminates the need to memorize the alphanumeric passwords with special characters and offers instant access to your device just by touching it.
We already see many laptops already have a built-in fingerprint scanner, and others can integrate a biometric fingerprint reader easily with a simple Windows USB authentication device. It doesn’t even cost a ton of money but will provide you ultimate security.
The key benefits of using biometric fingerprint reader for PC are including:
- Security: It is reported that there were nearly 2 billion records lost or stolen in a breach in the first half of 2017 alone. These data breach incidents mostly happened because of a lost or weak password. According to the Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report 2017, “81% of hacking-related breaches leveraged either stolen and/or weak passwords.”
Unlike a password-based security system, a biometric fingerprint scanning system is highly secure and comfortable. As biometric data is unique to everyone, it is near impossible to copy or duplicate the data. To ensure the safety of your PC, a biometric fingerprint reader is the best solution available.
- Accuracy: Fingerprint scanning technology is one of the most accurate biometric modalities. It provides almost hundred percent accuracy for authentication purpose. In terms of accuracy, a biometric fingerprint reader is a perfect solution that you need for your PC.
- Fast: Biometric fingerprint technology is an undoubtedly faster system than a traditional security system like a password. It allows you faster access control and full authority on your device. The days of remembering complex passwords are gone with this technology.
- Affordable: Biometric fingerprint recognition technology is the most affordable PC user authentication system. Granted, passwords are free to implement. But a Forrester Report says that the average help desk labor cost for a single password reset is about $70.
- Convenience: We all face that gruesome moment when we need to access somewhere but forget the password. It is a very dissatisfying and sometimes is a complete waste of money and time.
Biometric fingerprint reader for PC system will eliminate this type of problem forever. You can access your PC only by a finger touch, it’s that easy.
Most Affordable Biometric Fingerprint Reader
Now you may want to know where you can find such types of technology. Well, M2SYS has a highly durable fingerprint device with advanced fingerprint reader technology that can be used under any conditions.
M2-EasyScan Pro™ has an advanced optical system that is capable of capturing high-quality images within seconds. It’s thick, an anti-scratch coating on the scanning surface ensures long-term heavy duty usage in any harsh environment.
The core features of this solution are:
- Provides high-performance, maintenance-free optical fingerprint sensor
- Sensor resistant to scratches, impact, vibration, and electrostatic shock
- Lightweight and portable
- Smart Capture™ (Self-Adjusting Fingerprint Brightness) Compact,
- Removable weighted stand
- Readily accessible for any finger
- Integrated finger guide
- USB connection
- FBI Certified “PIV Single Finger Capture Device”
- GSA APL listed and FIPS 201 / PIV compliant
It is easy to come to a conclusion of a fingerprint reader for PC. To secure your PC, this technology is second to none and provide the utter convenience at the same time. Contact us for any queries about biometric fingerprint reader for PC. Thank you.