Cloud computing is the future of our digital world. It is proven to be a more affordable and convenient solution to store and secure data. Biometric identification management technology utilizes cloud computing, rendering it more reliable and fast, freeing up resources, and creating once unforeseen efficiencies to help increase utility and security.
There are reasons behind the increasing popularity of cloud applications in biometric identification management. These include:
- Multimodal biometrics (a combination of fingerprint, palm vein, finger vein, iris, palm print, DNA, voice, and facial) are now widely adopted by governments, fintech, and private companies. Multimodal biometric deployments generate a lot of data which is expensive to store, risky to manage, and time consuming. Consequently, the cloud is an ideal candidate for multimodal biometric deployments.
- Adopting a cloud biometric identification system enables you to be free of employing an in-house team to manage the system. It will not only save money but also help you to concentrate on your core business and competencies.
- Considering smart spaces, access control applications, mobile applications, and ambient intelligence environments, cloud based biometric solutions provides you excellent deployment flexibilities.
- In terms of speed, cloud computing is far superior to in-house, traditional biometric technology hosting environments. It also speeds up the workforce by reducing the system complexity of an in-house team.
- You have the luxury of parallel processing capabilities in cloud applications where several people can work with the same data without any issues.
- Cloud applications reduce the cost of buying infrastructure including hardware which is a huge burden to many startup companies.
Understanding that cloud applications are the future of cloud computing, you can let us know your opinion by voting in our latest poll on Twitter entitled “Cloud applications are the future of biometric identification management”.