Time management has a great influence on the degree of productivity and performance in the virtual workplace. It doesn’t matter whether you are an experienced worker or a beginner, you will need to be able to produce quality work within subjective deadlines. There are certain distractions attached to working from home and it becomes difficult to take control of the time available to be productive at work. Procrastination can be inherent in a virtual workplace, and it slows down work and limits productivity that grows business. To help your employees complete tasks on time and achieve goals with minimal effort, you must monitor them to track their productivity and ensure they spend their work hours wisely.
What is time management?
Time management is the process of planning the time spent on specific activities to work smarter than harder. Improving your time management while you are working from home allows you to increase efficiency, enhance your performance and lets you manage a better work-life balance. Time wastage or mismanagement can lead to a lack of professionalism, stress, and undue pressure when it comes to deadlines. Having a good handle on your time management helps to build a good professional reputation and you will enjoy a more balanced daily task efficiency.
Benefits of time management in a virtual workplace
The benefits of proper time management are plenty both in your professional and personal life. Here are some ways in which adequate time management can help you to build a successful remote professional life:
- Prompt delivery of work: Setting a time frame for the tasks you are working on can help you complete them on time. It also helps you balance your workload, accomplishes your task effectively, and boosts productivity.
- Completing High-Quality Work: Punctuality is a key trait to your company but it is not the only quality they desire. It may be good that you are working fast to deliver on jobs but getting a high-quality job done is even more important. It takes a higher priority than counting work hours. Therefore, manage your time well and also do a better quality job.
- Accomplish More with Less Effort: With proper time management, it becomes easier to increase performance. Focus on work to completion within the timeframe allotted with minimal effort and do not lose momentum midway. Finishing tasks as early as possible while also maintaining the high quality of the job is an attractive quality that employers like to see in their employees.
- More Productive and Efficient: Avoid making excuses. A properly managed time is not just about doing more work in less time but it spreads over your handling of other important tasks without procrastination. This counts as increased productivity and you can complete tasks without compromising the quality of work.
3 Steps for better time management at work
Below are three simple steps to ensure proper time management at remote work
- Planning: Planning works hand in hand with time management and one cannot be without the other. Pre-planning helps to get the best out of your work and time.
- Cut off distractions: The major cause of time wastage can be attributed to distractions. The presence of mobile phones, disruptive and talkative coworkers likewise social media can impede work. Cutting them off completely can narrow down distraction when you are working. Note down the things that distract you and strategize on how to avoid them while you work.
- Use time tracking software: Employees in special roles such as project management and HR management can truly understand the gravity of time management in a workplace. Their job role often exposes them to handle multiple tasks and oversee their virtual team members as well. Adopting employee monitoring software can help you stay on top of the situation and manage your team working from any location. If you are on the lookout for such software, you can try CloudDesk. It helps to manage and track time dedicated to achieving a task. The software functions by keeping a record of the app and web usage of employees and helps employees to focus and efficiently manage their time at work. It is the best tracking software ever built for companies and businesses who want to track employee working hours and provides real-time data and also measures productivity. Data obtained from the records provide insight into the overall functionality of the employees and helps them to focused and alert about managing time.
Effective time management cannot be replaced by any other strategy as it relates to enhancing productive work and daily life. Employees have to learn to take control of their time daily and improve their incapacity to manage tasks within the deadline without erring.